Filed under: Art Pranks, Culture Jamming and Reality Hacking
Philip Romano invites bystanders to create art on his car:
by Dan Lewis
Now I Know
August 18, 2014
“The license plate tells 90% of the story. It reads ‘DRAWONME.’ The other 10%? That’s alluded to by the three or four pieces of sidewalk chalk left on the roof of the car — by no means a coincidence.
“The car is owned by a 20-something Westchester resident named Philip Romano. He coated his 2004 Hyundai Elantra with chalkboard paint and then drove it around to strategic locations, making sure to provide the utensils of not-quite-graffiti. In the summer of 2013, for example, he parked it in front of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) to see if true art enthusiasts would take the license plate literally. It proved popular – one report claimed that the line went ‘around the block.'” Read more here.
image: DRAWONME Tumblr